Katherine E. Horecky
Attorney Katherine E. Horecky earned her Bachelor of Arts Degree from Simpson College in Indianola, Iowa in 2014. Katherine (“Katie”) then attended Valparaiso University School of Law, where she was an Executive Articles Editor and Notewriter for the Valparaiso University Law Review. She participated as a certified legal intern in the Juvenile and Family Law Clinic. She also earned the CLEA Outstanding Student Award and was an Honors Program member. Katie graduated cum laude from Valparaiso University School of Law in 2017.
After passing the Iowa bar exam in 2017, Katie returned to her home state and began practicing law with Iowa Legal Aid, serving low-income Iowans on a variety of civil legal issues, focusing on family law & matters involving domestic violence. After passing the Indiana bar exam in 2019, Katie relocated back to Northwest Indiana and began practicing as an associate attorney with Sterba & Swope, LLP.
Katie is a member of the Indiana State Bar Association, Lake County Bar Association, and Women Lawyers Association, Inc. She is also a trained Collaborative Law Professional and Guardian ad Litem.
- Iowa, 2017
- Indiana, 2019
- Lake County Bar Association (Member (2019 to present))
- Indiana State Bar Association (Member (2019 to present))
- Women Lawyers Association, Inc. (Member (2019 to present))
- Elder Law College (Graduate and Member (2021 to present))
- Iowa Legal Aid, Staff Attorney, 2017 – 2019
- Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana, 2017 J.D.
Honors: cum laude
- Simpson College, Indianola, Iowa, 2014 B.A.
Honors: Cum Laude