Enforce Your Rights As A Parent Through Paternity Actions

Paternity actions take place in the Juvenile Court system. A Petition to Establish Paternity is filed to legally establish the biological father of a child that is not born to married parents.

This proceeding is filed by the mother or the father seeking to establish child support, custody, parenting time and/or a name change. There are other issues unique to paternity matters such as the effect of DNA testing and paternity affidavits signed at the time of a child’s birth.

Ask A Lawyer About Paternity

At Sterba & Swope, LLP, our legal team has extensive experience handling complex paternity actions. Contact us to learn more about establishing paternity, enforcing your parental rights or receiving child support. To schedule your initial consultation, please call our Schererville office at 219-865-7400 or send us an email.